Death Cab For Cutie: A Lack of Color Meaning
No tags, suggest one.
A Lack of Color Lyrics
I really see you upside down
But my brain knows better
It picks you up and turns you around
Turns you around, turns you around
If you feel discouraged
That there's a lack of color here
Please don't worry lover
anonymous Aug 13th, 8:46pm report
Dude I think the girl in the lyrics was depressed and killed her self. He’s realizing he should’ve given her a reason to stay and tried to explain to her in the beginning of the song how great life really was but he couldn’t save her
anonymous Mar 7th, 2012 3:26pm report
It is really difficult to find a good interpretation because there are so many different interpretations you can make
• I think it’s going about falling in love and getting left. Realizing this as a fact.
• When he think about her he has seen her just upsides down like in fiction but now he can see it clearly because his brain turns everything to the right position to the fact
• Now he shows the way he find the right sight of what happened with the girl
• he describes the relationship she felt discouraged because their relationship didn’t go that good and the colors are missing the colors of love
• he tried to convince her and himself that everything is going to be colorful again . you may can say he lied to himself that everything will be alright. And don’t realize how it really was .
• Then he is referring to after the girl has gone, and now he’s painfully realizing that she is gone, nothing can cure his loneliness.
• And it seems like he almost regrets not doing more in the relationship but it’s too late getting her back again because he didn’t give her a reason to stay
• this is what he is realizing right now that he lost her because of the fiction of their relationship he had and this what he sees clearly now for the first times in the years
More Death Cab For Cutie song meanings »
Submit Your Interpretation
|Because of You||anonymous|
|Because of You||Tarzanthelord|
|Ghost Of You||anonymous|
|Can You Feel the Love Tonight||anonymous|
|Mrs Potato Head||anonymous|