Owl City: I Hope You Think Of Me Meaning
No tags, suggest one.
I Hope You Think Of Me Lyrics
Had left me to believe
That girls don't wanna, girls don't wanna leave
The starry nights without a fear of heights
I can't recall, but I learned after all
That girls don't wanna,...
anonymous Aug 20th 2013 report
OMFg I love that it could be about Taylor Swift, it kind of matches up as well. Good thinking anonymous ;)
anonymous May 21st 2013 report
This song might be about Taylor Swift because of a few references:
- "I hope you think of me" makes me think of Taylor's Tim McGraw ("When you hear Tim McGraw, I hope you think of me")
- Then there is "Juilet's romantic balcony" which could refers to Taylor's Love Story because the whole song is about Romeo and Juliet (and Taylor IS Juliet in the song).
- "As you stir in your sleep" could refers to Enchanted, the song Taylor wrote about Adam, and that Adam covered for Valentine's Day (with the line "The lingering question kept me up, 2 A.M. who do you love? I wonder till I'm wide awake...")
- "The starry nights without a fear of heights" makes me think of Untouchable ("In the middle of the night when I'm in this dream its like a million little stars spelling out your name..")
- When he says "and I learned after all, That girls don't wanna", I can't help but thinking about Taylor's Mine and especially the line "I was a flight risk, with a fear of falling"
- "Your painful memory, is always haunting me" make me simply think of Taylor's Haunted.
I think they make a reallyyyyy cute couple. :-)
anonymous Apr 18th 2013 report
I sure hope this winds up on the new album. Its like one the last songs that sound all twinkly like the classic owl city sound. Also, this song has a simple but universal thought of hoping someone thinks of you.
More Owl City song meanings »
|Ball and Biscuit||anonymous|
|I'm On My Way||anonymous|
|My Name Is Human||anonymous|
|R U Mine?||anonymous|
|Red Cold River||BrokenAndShattered|
|All The Good Girls Go To Hell||anonymous|
|Wish You Were Gay||anonymous|
|Billie Bossa Nova||anonymous|